Thursday 16 February 2012

SLIGHTLY LONG AWAITED TOKIDOKI REVIEW (Pic heavy)

Hell yeah.
I posted this days ago, I think and I completely forgot.
Apologies.

So.. this is my first tokidoki product, and I got it for ~$20 USD at Sephora.
It's the ever so adorable Robbery Palette.
Review now, pics later.
It was extremely cheap for me to get, colour pigmentation and staying ability were amazing.

Pros
  • A little goes a long way, with primer, it lasted me 24 hours in 30+ degree heat and sleep.
  • The colour pay-off is pretty intense.
  • The 'candy cane' shade is my favourite - highlight, accentuate, wash - anything.
  • The magnet is kick-ass.
  • It's a housed in a collectable tin - simply remove the cardboard housing the palettes and bam - tin.
  • Versatile, look wise. 


Cons
  • Can be a little chalky and flaky when picking up product
  • Needs to be blended properly or may appear streaky
  • You occasionally get a large glitter particle
  • The palettes are rather small, but since they are pigmented - this makes up for it. It just gets a little annoying when I want to swirl my brush and I hit the other shades accidently.. (I'm clumsy).
  • Crap mirror - don't bother with it.

Neutral

  • Palettes divided into 3 - personal preference
  • All 3 blushes contain shimmer - I prefer matte blushers, myself.
  • Only one matte eye shadow shade - 'Adios'



Enjoy basking in it's unopened glory.




Carrying on.
It comes with 3 palettes inside, housed in adorable cardboard.
Each palette has a mirror 4 eye shadows and one blush.
And this is what you are greeted with when you open the EVER SO ADORABLE TIN.




 When you actually get around to opening the palettes inside, here's what you get (Flash/No flash): 









CYAAA.




No comments:

Post a Comment